Thursday, February 17, 2005

Thinking...

I'm thinking of making a "learn to knit" video also. I find knitting was a bit harder for me to learn than crocheting, so it might be of use for those just starting out with knitting to learn from a close up video. Knitting takes more time than crocheting which is why crocheting is my favorite. It seems the work goes faster. But on the other hand, there are just some things that look nicer when knitted. Knitted things are a little more "flexible" than the crocheted things since crocheted items are a little more "stiff". But, I love to do them both. I decided that I would have a couple of project going at the same time. One crochet project and one knit project. This way, I can enjoy both instead of waiting for one project to be done before I start another one.

On the crochet video, I taught how to make a washcloth and a scarf, and I'm thinking that those are great things to start with on the knitting video too. Yeah, I think that's a good idea!

Last night I worked on my rose/hexagon afghan, made about 6 more hexagons. I finished one strip of the cabled knit afghan, and I may work on another strip of that tonight for variety. The strip I finished is pink, I will work on a blue one tonight.

This is a good site to get free patterns, I got some good ones from here, you just have to register: http://www.freepatterns.com/index.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home