Saturday, February 26, 2005

Laid to Rest

I sewed 4 strips of the rose/hexagon afghan together and realized it would be too bulky if I continued to make it a full sized afghan. The roses are big and it's just too much. So, I left it as is, with the 4 strips and will used it for a lapghan, or even a "shoulderghan" as my son named it.




So, now I'm on to other things. I've decided since I have some of the yarn left over from that afghan, I would use it for something else. I've been wanting to make a poncho, and saw a pattern that was a poncho made from granny squares. So, that is what I'm doing. They are small granny squares (about 3.5") and are purple, sherbert and white. I will just make a small one to fit my niece's daughter who's 3. The colors are really pretty together...I'll take a picture of it when I'm done.

While doing that, I've been looking at patterns again (my favorite pastime), and came across the pattern I want to make for that same niece who is having another girl. It's made from a chart which will be the first time I attempt that. It's a bear holding a balloon and it says "It's a Girl". The site I found the pattern on is the previous post. I will go get the yarn for that when I'm done with the poncho. I can't wait to get started on it! I will keep you posted!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home