Sunday, February 27, 2005

Preparing...

I'm preparing to get started on my baby afghan from a chart. I needed an afghan hook which is different than a regular crochet hook. It's a crochet hook with the end looking like a knitting needle. This is needed to do the afghan stitch which is required for the charting afghans. So, I looked on-line, and I'm watching a couple of hooks on ebay. One auction will be over in 10 hours....so we'll see how that goes. I also ordered a pattern from maggies pattern site:
http://www.maggiescrochet.com/pages/Afghans/afghan_page5.htm
I ordered the popcorn granny square pattern for a friend of mine that saw it and loves it. She has no idea that I'm making it for her birthday in May. Whenever I mention that I'm looking for a new pattern to work on, she always brings up that pattern because she thinks it's beautiful and that I'd be able to sell it on my site. I can't wait to make it and ship it out to her!!! But first things first...I will buy the yarn I need for that baby afghan fromt he charts on Wednesday and Thursday. Hopefully shortly thereafter, I will get the afghan hook, and then I can get started.

But, I am still working on the poncho. I finished the front last night and will continue working on it today. The pattern that I'm using as a reference said it was sized for an 8 year old...but as I was working on it...it looked small, so I thought I'd be able to give it to my niece's 3 year old..but once I had the front done...it really does look too big for a 3 year old....so, I will add it to my
Afghans -n- More site where I sell items that I make.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home